Corruption. Injustice. Obscene profits. In this week’s list, we’re assembling a crew of famous footballing names to Occupy FIFA. They won’t rest until they bring down the soccer juggernaut (and Sharpie a moustache on Blatter while he’s sleeping). Or until it’s time to power-wash.
1. Kyle Beckerman: Our front-man. Sometimes looking the part is 90 percent of the battle.
2. Edgar Davids: We need someone who is resistant to the onslaught of pepper-spraying policemen, and Davids has the ocular equipment to lead the line.
3. Alexi Lalas: Don’t let the suit he wears these days fool you; he wants to be out there fighting the power.
4. Mario Balotelli: We need someone to draw an inordinate amount of news media attention while not necessarily doing anything.
5. Joey Barton: He’s no stranger to run-ins with the police.
6. Antonio Cassano: The poster boy for our 99% wears 99 on his back every game.
7. Carlos Tevez: Has been a thorn in the side of the soccer world’s monied class since 2007.
8. Jamie Redknapp: Gets to tag along for a few months since he has all of Daddy’s credibility to fall back on.
9. Bicester Town FC: For their experience getting evicted from their ground.
10. Robbie Rogers: Newly jobless, he can help explain what the movement is all about.
Who would you enlist to march on FIFA? Have a set of bongos we could borrow? As always, leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us at @o87minutes on Twitter.